We designed this mead-making kit for the beginning brewer as a simple and fun way to create the oldest known alcoholic beverage. Your first mead may not win a competition, but this kit can help you make a wonderful honey wine! Even a raw beginner should be able to use Mead Magic easily.
Unlike most winemaking kits, Mead Magic provides all of the ingredients and tools you need to brew a small quantity of mead, and that includes the honey.
WHY JUST ONE GALLON?
Home brewing isn’t for everyone, and neither is mead. Five gallons – the most common brewing starter kit size – makes a lot of alcohol (25 wine bottles). Mead Magic’s one-gallon size lets you see if you like brewing, enjoy drinking mead, and it easily fits on a countertop.
- New York State raw honey
- Primary and secondary fermenters
- Equipment sanitizer
- Siphon, siphon hose and bottling wand
- Yeast and yeast nutrients
- Easy-to-follow instructions
- Eight attractive self-sealing bottles (not included in the Basic kit)
- Hot water (tap, bottled, or spring)
- Spoons (for mixing and measuring)